1. GENERAL REGULATIONS FOR THE 2017/2018
Candidate requirements and general conditions
Those who wish to sit for the entrance examinations for Higher Music education, must meet the following requirements:
a) To be in possession of a “Bachiller” qualification or its equivalent (such as a levels) in each country. Abroad:
The Spanish Embassy´s education department.
The Consulate headquarters of the Spanish Embassy in each country.
The contenders must submit the certificates of the studies they have completed abroad and, then, apply for the endorsement.
b) To pass a specific an exam which will aim at assessing the candidate´s maturity, knowledge and skills to benefit from the artistic teaching of music.
c) Over 19s who do not have the “Bachiller” certificate qualification or its equivalent (such as a levels) in each country, will be given the chance to take a specific test once they have previously passed an exam proving they are mature enough according to the aims of the “Bachiller” levels.
2. GENERAL SCHEDULE FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR THE 2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR.
1. The entrance exam will take place in two official announcements:
a) The first will take place from the 19th to the 23rd of June 2017.
b) The second official announcement will take place in September 2017 and it will only affect those specialities which still have vacancies after the resolution of the first official announcement.
3. TEST FOR OVER 19S WHO DO NOT POSSESS A “BACHILLER” (O EQUIVALENT) CERTIFICATE
1. Please ask for more information at International Office
4. ENROLMENT FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS
1. The enrolment for the entrance examinations will take place from 16th May to 2nd June May for the June official announcement and, early September 2017 for the September official announcement, enclosing the following documentation.
a) Enrolment application. This application is done on-line. Applicants must make sure their details are correct as the enrolment of the candidate will be done according to the information given at the time of registration.
b) D.N.I., N.I.E. or passport, a certified photocopy of which must be submitted.
c) A certified photocopy of the “Bachiller” certificate or the written proof of its application. Those who have passed the entry exam for university for over 25s must submit the certified photocopy proving such a fact.
d) For to the Higher Music Conservatory who choose to submit the Professional certificate in music, it´s not compulsory to hand in this documentation, they must send a certified photocopy of such certificate or of the slip that proves they have applied for it student who are to finish these studies during the 2016-17 term might submit in the secretary´s office until the very day in which the specific test will take place. Those who do not submit this documentation before they undertake the specific test will not be taken in consideration.
e) Contenders may sit for entrance examinations for one or more specialities: However they may only study one speciality in our centre.
2. The registration process will be done through the following website and through a perfectly safe electronic payment channel. Once all the steps have been taken, the applicant must send all the required documentation by registered or urgent post to the following address before the limit date (to be specified):
CONSERVATORIO SUPERIOR DE MUSICA DE ARAGON
Documentación Pruebas de Acceso 2010
VIA HISPANIDAD 22
1. Once accepted, the enrolment process will be done on the website http://www.csmaonline.es For new pupils, it will be necessary to acces their restricted area following the steps given to them via e-mail. For that reason it´s very important for applicants to make sure the details they give are correct, in particular their e-mail address must be valid and in use as it will be through this address that they will receive the necessary instructions to proceed to their registration.
2. If the applicant fails to submit the correct documentation or the payment of the enrolment fees has not been met, this will mean the exclusion of the student and it will be understood that he has given up his place; Like wise, handing in the documentation to apply for a scholarship after the given deadline will mean it will not be dealt with.
3. Entrance Examination fee: 51€
6. CONTENTS OF THE SPECIFIC EXAMS
This link contain the contents of the specific exams (coming soon)
If you are a student in a higher education institution and if you are interested in studying in the CSMA as part of your study programme, you will find in this section all the information you need.
If you are interested in doing an Erasmus period in our conservatory you have to:
Contact the International Relations Office of your centre, they will inform you on the Erasmus programme and its policies in your home country.
If there already is an agreement between the two institutions, your application could be sent to our centre. If there is no agreement between the CSMA and your institution, it will also be your International Relations Office which will have to request the signature of the agreement between both centres and when obtained, follow the procedure described previously.
For fall semester: April, 30th.
For spring semester: October, 30th.
You have to send by post or email the following documents (in English, Germano or French):
Student Application Form
Learning Agreement (please, check our studies programme on our website).
Transcript of Records (only in some institutions)
Recording on DVD including at least three pieces of different styles and lasting at least 10 minutes / As far as students in Composition are concerned, an original composition.
The application (Student Application Form) and the DVD have to be signed by the student’s teacher.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AT YOUR ARRIVAL
Passport or ID card
Learning Agreement (and a copy)
Health Insurance Card (and a copy)
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AT THE END
Certificate of attendance sent by the International Relations Office
Learning agreement indicating the taken exams, the grades and the number of credits obtained
LIFE AT CSMA
In the CSMA, the main language is Spanish. Theorical classes are always in Castilian, but the individual instrumental classes can be given in English. A certificate proving your knowledge of Spanish language is not compulsory, but we recommend that the students attend Spanish language classes before leaving or during their Erasmus period.
Ample schedule of the centre for opening hours: opened every day. From Monday to Friday from 8 a.m to 11 p.m and on weekends from 9 a.m to 7 p.m.
Modern facilities and numerous spaces to study. Classrooms, studios; auditorium, recording studio, library… Our facilities
Other services for the students: lockers, cafeteria-restaurant, student room, car park… Everything you need to be in a good environment to study and having a social life in our centre.
The CSMA is a reference institution in Europe and for this reason we are convinced that internationalization is vital to face the future. The International Office of the CSMA is in charge with the encouragement and coordination of partnerships with other higher education foreign centers.
The International Office of the CSMA offers support and advice to Erasmus foreign students. New partnership agreements are also signed thanks to the International Office and to the help of the Erasmus coordination. Besides, we dedicate time to advice our students who want to go study abroad, either it is an Erasmus mobility or a Postgraduate Master, once they have finished their studies at CSMA.
As postgraduate courses are given by guest professors from abroad, the International Office has an essential role of coordination and facilitates communication between those professors and the CSMA departments.
The coordination with other International Offices and partner institutions, the CSMA asserts its position and its prestige all over Europe and the World